Don’t Let Water Damage Escalate
If a water problem in your home is not repaired and your place is not dried out within 48 hours, the growth of black mold and other microorganisms can naturally occur. How much growth and to what degree depends on the moisture level and the duration that the area is allowed to stay wet. The water activity determines what category of molds appear.
If you fail to act swiftly enough, water damage can escalate. The incident itself is considered primary damage. Secondary damage is moisture damage. It is not caused as a direct result of the incident.
Primary damage refers to wet carpet, drywall, furniture and other items coming in contact with the water. Secondary or moisture damage includes
• Sagging and cracked sheetrock and plaster
• Buckling of hardwood floors
• Colonization of black mold spores
There are many causes of this type of damage. If the initial water damage is extensive or not cleaned up in a timely manner, you may start seeing these secondary effects. Sometimes the drying-out phase is not done properly. The dehumidifiers may not have been large enough for the area. Many times, the initial problem goes unnoticed or is missed until more extensive damage occurs.
Black mold infestation is a serious problem. Mold remediation can be expensive, so it is important to know the humidity levels in your home. Low humidity outside and high humidity inside can cause vapor to accumulate, creating an optimal environment for mold growth.
The damage done by water issues that are left unattended can cost you a lot of money in the long run. It can ruin furniture, flooring, ceilings and walls. Mitigating water damage is the key to preventing secondary harm. Failure to act in a timely fashion can lead to further problems. Hiring water mitigation professionals in Woodstock, GA can help get the job done correctly before it escalates.
Visit http://www.SERVPROcherokeecounty.com for more information on water damage.
3 Actions To Take When a Pipe Breaks
Bursting pipes can be a common disaster in any type of establishment. There are many reasons why pipes might break in your commercial building, such as:
• Old, rusty fixtures
• Fluctuating temperatures
• Blockages in the pipe
• Mature trees near the waterline
Pipe breaks can cause a lot of water damage in Woodstock and require immediate attention. Here are three things you can do to take action and protect your building.
Grab a Bucket
Save the trouble of dealing with mold problems and other secondary damage down the road by sticking a bucket or bowl underneath the leaking pipe. If the pipe is in the ceiling and the plaster begins to bulge, puncture it to release the pressure and drain the water. You need to do this quickly so you can move on to the next step as soon as possible.
Turn Off Your Water Quickly
Once you’ve got the leaking under control, shut off your water supply. Often, the water main is located underneath the kitchen sink. As soon as you’ve shut it off, drain all the water by running the sink and flushing your toilets. Without excess tap water, your bursting pipes will stop leaking.
If you think that a pipe is broken, but you are unsure of where it is, it is a good idea to turn off the water anyway while you inspect your home.
Stay Away From Electricity
Keep away from your sockets and light switches. There is a likely chance that the leaking water is within the electrical circuit. It might be safest to turn off your power to avoid any safety hazards.
Once you’ve taken control of the situation, it is wise to contact the experts in Woodstock, GA to fix the broken pipe. Bursting pipes can be frightening, but with the right resources and knowledge, you can prevent water damage from affecting the building. Visit http://www.SERVPROcherokeecounty.com for more information on commercial water damage.
What is the best way to clean up after a commercial water loss?
Large Commercial Water Loss in Cherokee County.
Experiencing a commercial water loss can be a tough time for your business. It is important to make sure that you hire the best restoration company available to help clean up the situation. Here are some recommendations below.
1. Contact SERVPRO of Cherokee County immediately. They will send someone on site to start the cleanup process.
2. Typically the first step is removing all of the standing water. Once all of the water is removed, SERVPRO can start the drying process.
3. After a few days of monitoring the progress of the drying, SERVPRO will remove all equipment. If the structure was damaged, they will have a member of their construction rebuild team come on site and finish the job.
A lot of individuals like the fact that one company like SERVPRO of Cherokee County can get the job done from start to finish.
Hiring the right company after a commercial loss
If you own a business and have a fire or water loss you will need to hire the right company to cleanup the mess and get your business back open again.
SERVPRO of Cherokee County understands this priority and has commercial large loss teams in place to help with your situation from start to finish.
In most cases an event such as a disaster is not planned for. However if you can plan for it, you might be able to drastically reduce the amount of time your business is shut down. SERVPRO offers an Emergency Ready Profile that helps documents emergency contacts, shut off valves, and more. This is a no cost service that we highly suggest you take advantage of.
If you have any questions about Commercial Large Loss Restoration, feel free to contact us at anytime.
What is the best way to handle a cleanup after a fire in your home?
Experiencing a fire can be a tragic time for you and your family. SERVPRO of Cherokee County can be there to help you from start to finish.
1. Contact SERVPRO of Cherokee County immediately. They will get someone on site to start looking at what can be saved and cleaned immediately. In most cases it is important to act quick to prevent secondary damages from happening.
2. Once the content that can be cleaned has been removed, SERVPRO can start to dispose of the damaged materials. It is critical to get multiple dumpsters on site depending on the amount of debris.
3. After all of the debris is thrown away, SERVPRO will start the cleaning process. Some homes depending on the fire have to be cleaned to the studs.
4. When all of the cleaning is done, SERVPRO of Cherokee County has the ability to do the rebuild. Our team is trained an experienced to handle the rebuild from start to finish.
What is the best way to get rid of smoke damage in your home?
If you have ever had a kitchen fire you will know that the smoke can cause much damage throughout your home. SERVPRO of Cherokee County is ready to respond and help get your home back to pre loss condition.
1. Contact SERVPRO of Cherokee County as soon as you can. They will get on site and start the process immediately. If the odor is real bad it might be best to stay in a hotel for the evening.
2. SERVPRO will start to clean all of the home to makes sure any soot and smoke is cleaned. Many times the textiles in the home can absorb odor and maintain those odors.
3. Once everything is clean, SERVPRO will remove equipment an you will be ready to move back in.
Who do I call if I have a tree fall through my home?
If you have a tree come through your home as the results of a severe storm, SERVPRO of Cherokee County is ready to help.
1. Contact SERVPRO of Cherokee County immediately. They will send a project manager out on site quickly. Once on site they will determine what equipment is needed to get the tree off of your home.
2. If there is a lot of rain the inside of the home might be damaged. SERVPRO can handle all of the cleanup and drying to get your home back to pre loss condition.
3. If there is rebuilding necessary in results of the tree damage, SERVPRO of Cherokee County's construction team will be able to handle the job from start to finish.
Overall it is nice to have one point of contact. If you have any questions, feel free to call us at (770) 924-3848.
Cleaning up your business after a storm
Living in Georgia there are many cases where storms cause significant damage to your business or the building you operate your business out of. If that is the case SERVPRO of Cherokee County is here to help. We want to make sure that you have help from start to finish getting your business back up and operational again.
In most cases high winds will cause significant wind damage. This can cause shingles to come off, trees flying into windows and other types of high impact damage. SERVPRO of Cherokee County has a team in place that can handle all of the situations 24/7, 365 days a year.
It is important if you have any questions to reach out to us at anytime. We hope you don't experience a severe storm, but if you do know that we are here for you.
How do I clean up mold in my business?
If you discover mold in your business it is critical to get it handled and cleaned immediately. There are many types of mold so the first step is to get it tested. Once you have the test results, a proper treatment plan can be written.
SERVPRO of Cherokee County has a team in place to handle any size mold loss. Especially if you have customers coming in and out of your building you want to eliminate the mold as soon as possible.
In some cases, containment will have to be set up to prevent the spread of spores throughout the facility. This will keep other areas from getting contaminated.
If you have any questions about mold, feel free to reach out to us at anytime.
What Is the Mold Remediation Process?
What Is the Mold Remediation Process?
Whether dealing with black mold, or another mold type in Woodstock, GA it is important to start mold cleanup or mold remediation as soon as possible. Homeowners should also understand the basic steps so that they know what goes into getting mold out of their home.
Containing the mold and preventing further growth is imperative. Once you mark off where growth has stopped, it will be easier to take care of the cleaning and remediation process.
Safety and Protection
When you are dealing with black mold, it is very important that you are protected since it can be toxic. Ensure that you are wearing safety gear and doing what you can to reduce breathing it in and coming into direct contact with it.
Certain elements of the home might not be able to be cleaned, so in this case, you would just tear out these areas and replace them. For example, if certain walls are heavily infested, you would rip them out before you start cleaning the other elements of your home.
Cleaning and Disinfecting
When cleaning and disinfecting, make sure to use the right products that are specifically formulated to deal with mold. You should also read the label on the back of the product to ensure that any products are properly diluted and used so that they are as effective as possible.
Dry Out Wet Materials
Once you finish the above steps, it is time to make sure that everything is dry. It is a good idea to dry what you clean as you go along so that no area of your home holds onto moisture since moisture can encourage additional mold growth.
It is important that these steps are followed to properly get rid of black mold in a home. It is important that no mold is left behind because if it is, it can quickly start to grow again, resulting in the need for further remediation.
Visit http://www.SERVPROcherokeecounty.com for more information on mold.