Mold Removal Price Tags: Are They Worth It?
Costs of Mold Removal and Remediation
Any appearance of mold in your home is a cause for alarm and should lead to immediate action. If you wait to "see what happens," you could be faced with expensive and time-consuming repairs and renovations. The initial costs of mold mitigation are much lower than the costs of treating the problem after it's had a long while to establish itself. Here's what you need to know about the costs of mold removal and remediation, starting with understanding the qualifications of experts.
- Qualified professionals have at least an undergraduate degree in a related field, have finished mold investigation coursework, and have approval from the American Council for Accredited Certification or from the American Board of Industrial Hygiene.
- Technicians should be able to prove their credentials.
- Qualified inspectors will provide a report with lab results for air and surface samples.
- The inspection itself will take between two and five hours.
Once you're sure you have the right people working on your home, you can turn your attention to the work they're providing.
Air Quality Sampling
Each sample sent to a lab for air quality testing carries a significant price tag. Some black mold removal professionals roll those costs into their base price; others don't. Air quality testing is often vital, especially if you've had extensive trouble throughout your home. However, it doesn't hurt to ask why inspectors are taking samples and what they hope to learn. Be aware that home testing kits are not reliable and won't give you the specific information you need.
The rest of the work completed by mold elimination and remediation experts includes:
- Removing contaminated materials
- Disinfecting walls, carpeting, and some furnishings
- Removing mold-affected drywall and construction materials
- Using HEPA filtration throughout the home
Once the cleanup efforts are completed, technicians may take steps to prevent new growth from appearing. This may include checking crawlspaces, ducts, attics, and other hidden spaces of the property.
Don't make the mistake of trying to cut corners in mold removal efforts. There are many safer areas of home maintenance with cost-saving alternatives. Keep your Ball Ground, GA, home safe with top-quality work completed by experts.